16 March 2020
With COVID-19 spreading into countries and territories where we have operations, customers and partners, we want to ensure you that Grote Company’s first concern is our combined health and safety. We are constantly monitoring the global situation and complying with guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control (CDC). As of today, Grote Company’s updates are as follows:
- Operations. Both our Columbus, Ohio headquarters and U.K. sales and service office are operating. There are currently no interruptions to our customer and technical service or manufacturing capabilities.
- Employees. No Grote employees have been directly affected. Employees who can work from home have the choice to do so. Employees onsite are practicing social distancing through teleconferences, elimination of in-person meetings, and ensuring workstations are at least six feet apart. If any employees are impacted by the virus or not able to secure childcare, we are making accommodations for them to continue to receive their paychecks.
- Travel. We are complying with all international travel regulations and have asked that all non-essential travel be rescheduled. Our field service teams are still available for required in-country service visits and installs.
- Shipments. Currently, all equipment and parts shipments are proceeding as usual. There have been delays with ocean cargo shipments, but we are working hard to exceed lead times to make up the difference. If there is a change in dates, you will be notified as soon as possible. There are currently no international commercial shipment limitations that will impact you getting the equipment or parts that you need to remain operational.
- Support. Our Customer and Field Service teams are available for spare parts orders, troubleshooting, and training support via phone, email and teleconferencing. We are here to help you keep operations up and running in this global time of need.
This is an unprecedented time for all of us. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves. Thank you and stay safe.